Thursday, March 8, 2018

Uh Oh, Spaghetti O's

Trouble with the MO Lutheran spynod? Me too!



My late dad Charles had the same problem with near misses on parking lots. When several motorists tried to hit him on a Schnucks lot in Afton, he asked me to go to the store for him. I did not understand this in 1998. Now I do, because without question Charles was Howard Hughes’ son, and many people knew this. I was still a skeptic when I would finish my day of community social work by writing a few reports in a Saint Louis Bread Company store near St. Anthony’s Hospital, and then I went to Schnucks.


When I arrived at his Heritage Estates apartment, I asked for no reimbursement. We would sit and talk until late on Friday evenings, and he spun story after story I listened to with interest, when alleged relatives hated the man. Why? Many times the conversation continued until my later vandalized, wrecked, and still missing Nissan 240SX backed up with Charles in the headlights. He’d wave, I’d leave, and I never revisited the “Howard stuff” until 2004.

My photo of his “totaled” Nissan in front of that apartment? I’d sure like to have many arrested and it returned to me soon. This ongoing delay defies all logic and reason. You are welcome to see an e-mail exchange with an ancestry researcher in her 80’s who said, “You are a royal but not related to the oil money.” Royal? Is this why Prince William and Catherine drove by? I said, “I don’t want to see them. Have they not heard of a helicopter? I thought he flies one.” This sort of commentary is spread around when you are “stuck” outside of Los Angeles. Another quote? “I just saw George Kennedy. I thought he was dead.” (He was in a movie called Airport).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment