Wednesday, February 7, 2018

2+1+6 = 9

USAF can't even lie about it flying in 2008?
As my 1999 neighbor said, "Man, that's bad."



February 7, 2018

Dear Joe –

This morning, I thought about all of the crazed dentists I’ve paid good money as I took stock of my deteriorating dental situation. I figured I’d have been in a courtroom by now saying, “We all have bad teeth.” (Howard, Charles, & William). It’s just what I needed to find out a relative by marriage swore-in Lyndon Baines Johnson.

No one cares?

What is wrong with “The Media?”

The late Charles Edward Hughes was already complaining about it when I helped him close down his Hampton Avenue office 1990-91. “That’s not news” he would say as he read some celebrity gossip garbage on the front page of the despicable St. Louis Post-Dispatch. For me, they like to chat and not print anything.

I’m no “flag waver” after what I’ve endured, because supposedly terrible human rights violating nations like Venezuela and Nicaragua have accessible clinics where people can see a damn doctor. Not here in Missouri! If I had a passport and a case of the flu, I think there would be no charge in England for medical care no matter which political party is in charge.

This country just doesn’t get the need for health care, and screws it up every time they try to improve on LBJ’s Medicare & Medicaid. Did you know that communist Harry S. Truman wanted what today’s liberals call “Universal Health Care?” The Congress would not allow this, and they still won’t today. Your medical library contact would do well to copy my very first journal article in Psychosocial Rehabilitation. It was published in 1996 or 1997 because the professor said I should submit it. I’d bet this happened to Ben a few times too.

I don’t think scientists like writing much, because it detracts from engineering. My prescient joke that goes back to my days working at a Monsanto chemical plant was: “Management should stay away from the engineers.”

That was in 1978, and I sure do know it’s 40 years later!

Thanks,

William C. Hughes
 


No comments:

Post a Comment