Tuesday, February 13, 2018

An Excerpt from the Rant Desk




Did you say lawyer? I’ve heard over 90 refusals since 2003 on legal aid with cash on the table or through a “do good” legal aid society. Would you like to etch this on the walls of your law school I should have attended? “You have a case, but I can’t help you.” This is not the same profession full of high-minded liberals seen on TV, is it?

Moving up the list, Post news tenders have many meetings, I suppose to invent new theories like “News is not news until it happens.” This is what I was told, and by that yardstick, there can be no Watergate unless the Judiciary Committee finds impeachment “dirt” and the Washington Post is informed of the scandal by e-mail. How nuts can they be on Tucker Boulevard? We clinical social workers make reference to a patient/client’s “Fund of knowledge,” and the young reporter’s appears to be disgraceful. I am only 62 years of age, however even though I could not attend Columbia as was recommended at Rosary High School, I knew my history and politics when I was 21 years-old, and they simply don’t. I am surely a liberal, but I’ve also read all of Charles Murray’s “conservative” books about the progressive’s “dumbing down” of education and political discourse. If you will allow another NY Islanders slap shot, I doubt many in “The Resistance” have read Barry Goldwater’s books, but they should!

No comments:

Post a Comment