Thursday, October 12, 2017

LSS - SS - LCCC

Steve is back from Iraq and ready for Downtown LA duty.

October 21, 2016


Rep. Maienschein:

Long ago my late father explained on a trip to the state capital why Germans settled near Hermann, Missouri and established wineries. “The river bluffs look like home,” he said. His 1960’s lobbying strategy I am sure still works today. It was, “Be nice to the secretary and bring her something, even if it’s just a box of candy.”

Nobody pays for access with a box of chocolates in Sacramento, I am sure, but the scenery is part of why I liked it better than the Los Angeles area before people I suspect are tidy drug cartel types wrecked my car in Agoura Hills. That is how I eventually got to see your disgrace that is downtown LA. Though no fault of my own, I wound up sleeping on Chinatown sidewalks, was hassled by deputies I allege were high on meth, and developed my stance of, “Nuke it, and forget about it.”

Yes, I am still angry about not so much what happened to me, but more so what was done to others over an apparent long period of time. My rage was contained by a history of being messed with over the last name Hughes and a clinical social work employment background. Now another ancestry.com type who at 91 years young won’t survive to appear in court has rendered her opinion on my link to the airport sign. I call it the “Howard thing,” so I’d better get to a Swiss bank where in 2008 a man named Konrad said, “We will begin the investigation.”

After reviewing your bill (AB 2256) and noting your coauthor named “Chavez,” here is a story from a fellow who went from calling a meeting of hospital administrators on legal issues in the field of behavioral health to sleeping behind a bus bench on Cesar Chavez in Los Angeles. That fellow is me, and one night I was privileged to meet yet another young man who by his report had been, “Kicked out of the Army.” Up until June of 2007, I had three copies of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the American Psychiatric Association, and to get my payment from Aetna or Kaiser would have been problematic with this man who spent the night on the street with several associates who were high as Ben Franklin’s kite.

I know substance abuse when I see and hear it, however, the young Army reject had an intense interest in local politics without making much sense, which may have brought his duffel bag to a Sanders rally, because he had train fare, I did not. The savant like skill he demonstrated as we played trivia games to pass the time was to know every single state capital. This Hughes thought Carson City would be a stumper, but he knew it. And, as for Jefferson City, he was aware of that as well, and I want you aware that I’ve lacked a ride in motor vehicle for over three years to the Missouri state capital where I was an employee of the Department of Mental Health’s Central Office.

Why? Because I am now either mentally ill or on drugs by virtue of sitting with the individuals described above in the City of Los Angeles near Union Station where people I call “Crazy Christians” bought me meatball sandwiches, and rock stars stood guard. Ultimately, a woman from Bern in Switzerland sent me back to the alleged place of my birth after asking, “Are you sure?”

We all know the dinner date joke of, “I’m having what you’re having” so if I could go back in time I’d tell Jean to “Take me with you” to wherever she was headed. Staying in Los Angeles was unthinkable at that point and I’m supposed to believe that 100 million dollars has been made available and is going to cure all ills from Skid Row to the Chevron station where this former state bureaucrat got nose-to-nose with a six foot one LAPD female and raised my voice after seeing injustice take place in front of my eyes. To her credit, she listened and did not lose her temper, or maybe I’m not still here to write you a suggestion.

The suggestion is to train all administrative and legal guns on the LUTHERAN COMMUNITY CARE CENTER(S), an agency my research tells me has no accrediting body,  one MSW for the entire state, and as far as I can tell utilizes volunteers with no behavioral health or social service experience who, to speak frankly, are apparently former drug users & dealers. This would be noble with a licensed professional running the offices, but this is not the case. In fact, the office with which I unfortunately had experience could never in the proverbial million years compile the reports your legislation mandates.

I look forward to your help with returning to your state in order to secure a screenplay sale in Santa Monica which will not be a “delusion” and move me out of poverty, I must assume. One producer has offered an appointment for years; the other may have answered the phone after hours and depressed the key to BEEP at me after I had alleged he’s sleeping in the office. I’ve long joked, and Senator Hall’s rent figures cited in SR 84 confirm that the first screenplay sale would find me living in an RV, and if there is a second, only then could I buy a modest house in your state.

Most sincerely,


William C. Hughes                 




No comments:

Post a Comment