Saturday, January 6, 2018

"Just put some Ginger Ale in it"



January 7, 2018

Dear Mr. Green –

Never a dull moment at the Wayside Motel where the zombie next door BUMPED when I typed a “7,” as with the date above. I envision a county park here someday, with a jungle gym for the kids, old cars, and the story of Route 66. For some reason, daddy drove back by here after 1960’s vacations at Meramec State Park, Onondaga Cave, and I sure remember us as the first visitors to SILVER DOLLAR CITY in Branson. Dad always knew the guy we call an “entrepreneur,” whereas I strangely know no one here. When a developer tossed up a luxury hotel in Branson, Charles Hughes enjoyed a free stay. Me? I don’t want to meet any new “Saintly on Sunday, mobster on Monday” types. They flourish here in St. Louis, I don’t.

Charles E. Hughes told me of Howard Hughes’ old Gulfstream aircraft being stored here. He said a friend had “towed it out of there” to be restored. This speeded-up my 2005-2007 Internet searches on BRICK NETWORK dial-up service. I think the joke among USA’s wealthy is, “Didn’t I sue them?” Yes, I did, so Missouri lawyers continue to behave like I have a new strain of the AIDS virus. The Saint Louis County park that is home to a transportation museum has been given notice the “Spruce Goose” is going there someday.

Indoors or outdoors? That’s a big hangar needed to thrill the masses with an annual start-up of the eight engines. Maybe it could taxi around a bit, but an environmentalist would likely run to court to object to the cutting down of any trees to make room. See how they love me here? No “Hughes Taxiway” on the FY2021 budget? After a taxi, when I cannot afford one to a grocery store today, a knowledgeable defense company retiree could supplement his Social Security retirement check by giving a lecture on the aircraft. Trump raided the Social Security Trust Fund? There’s no Tip O’Neill to stop him!

Good day,

William C. Hughes
[Descended from people like William I?]

Message sent
Your message to Cy Ryan was sent successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment