Sunday, May 14, 2017

Dead Letter File

Why was I in Ida Grove, IA during 1960?
 
06.08.2016


Prof. Lochrie –

I had the considerable “mission” of assisting your former colleague GAYLE MARGERITA with a University of Wisconsin Bachelor’s Degree and a Cornell PhD as her lawfully wedded spouse. We remained friends as I listened to a blow-by-blow of her tenure denial at the University of Indiana-Bloomington. I was her first husband, an English professor the second.

In about 1995, she talked me out of “graduating” from MSW to M.D. Psychiatrist and has been long forgiven. I took up writing instead of pill-pushing, but let it be known I finagled a nice wall clock out of Astra Zeneca at my state mental facility. “Clues don’t buy a doughnut” I often remark, whether the information is related to my last name or Gayle’s.

H-U-G-H-E-S. Hotels nationwide have a tough time spelling it; now I’m residing in one, just like the perfectly sane guy atop a Las Vegas hotel long ago. A prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.


Publish or perish,


William Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment