Thursday, May 11, 2017

More From FaceRook

GOVERNOR BROWN, who was "Nancy Springer?'


5.05.2017


Dear Mr. Weigel:

I thought I would have wrapped-up my two hours at the Press Club by now, where Patty takes your money, Melanie knows media formats, and Jerome fetches the Shure microphones I specified almost two years ago. Outside Los Angeles it was Tom Koda who exclaimed, “It’s like walking in glue!”

Let’s get to the national political constipation later that seems to affect Bernie Sanders and near-Nazis equally. Right now, Professor Hughes is providing a primer on JONNNY MEYER and JOH H. MEIER as they relate to Howard Hughes, Jr. When a national publication someday asks when I was sure I’m related, that would be June of 2007. I later promoted myself from grandson to son, and another recent fond memory of Charles Hughes finds him briefing me on CITGO and the late Hugo Chavez. Your dad too? Didn’t think so. It’s my oil company, and Baker Hughes has basically already admitted it. I’d not be surprised if “Linda Sherman” turns out to be a pseudonym, but what about the dozen additional employees who were keen on chatting from Houston?

To the ugly politics!

Johnny Meyer
Johnny was Howard’s “go to guy” when something had to be communicated to mobsters, movie producers, and people who lived in the twilight between good and evil. If it was forbidden, Johnny knew where to find some. (Think sex & drugs, because rock and roll had not been invented yet). Howard himself was said to carry cases of beer up flights of steps if he liked you. (Beer barons with less capital never did this). As a result of knowing and employing all of those actors, Johnny could find out who had done what faster than the LAPD. Thus, the LA cops came to Howard for information, not the other way around. He stored this data in the now mostly forgotten “Romaine Files” which were later stolen and maybe this was one heist where it was not a Hughes “set-up.” Leave it to me to believe I know where to find the lost files. They were described by an author who was blindfolded and taken to them like a scene out of one of Howard’s movies. Johnny Meyer lived a long life, but as with many associated with the “Hughes Empire” passed away under mysterious circumstances. My four grandparents were not all murdered? We need to talk more, please.

John H. Meier
How the FBI put a “faker” in their field office and called him “Agent Meier” I will never know, but I could produce a bogus Secret Service business card with a little help. The one from an impostor CBS TV guy is in my pocket! You too? Didn’t think so. I put off looking into former Howard Hughes employee Mr. Meier because I thought he had faded into obscurity or died. Three years ago, I had compiled a list of news clippings on him from the 1970’s and early 80’s, but if you’ve been in a public library lately, the staff apparently is paid to “snoop” on the library patron’s Internet surfing and won’t look a damn thing up. No, I am not going to newspapers.com as was repeatedly suggested. Instead, I suggest a reporter wonder why Mr. Meier’s exploits, including hiding in Togo, were discussed at our dinner table after he quit Hughes. This man carried around suitcases of documents about Howard and made claims about his association with the Central Intelligence Agency when it was common knowledge Howard Hughes worked for them. What has been deemed less “newsworthy” was Howard’s abrupt departure by train from LA and divorce from Jean Peters. Mr. Hughes had a reality-based fear Jean’s first husband might have him murdered, because he too worked for the C.I.A. Here we enter the realm of what I call “Badge Carriers” versus C.I.A. contractors. I seem to know a few of the latter, and as for the former, I am suddenly opposed to the nomination of Courtney Simmons Elwood as Mike Pompeo’s Inspector General. I am allowed to take the Langley tour and would have done so in 2008 if I had a friend in the world. My joke was, “Make a right to go to the CIA, or make a left and visit my place.” [Hughes Network Systems, off I-270].

If I ever get going about clowns like Mr. Meier and the Howard Hughes Corporation, the Press Club presentation would be half Chris Rock and half Hubert Humphrey circa 1968. All of these entities are making money off of Howard’s legacy and I was told in 2008 LA that the “media” cared more about Brittany Spears’ breast size, then I saw both of those in-person. This I called “Hollywood peek a boo “and I’ll have none of it! Here sits a letter from the Ida Grove, Iowa Library where if history had broken a little more to the left, the 1968 race would have been Humphrey-Hughes v. Nixon-Agnew and the outcome would have been different, sparing all of Washington the Watergate mess.

Governor Richard Hughes of New Jersey spoke to me but I did not know who he was at age 13. I saw my dad talking to later Governor Harold Hughes in 1960, and people told me of Congressman William Hughes with a wisecrack of, “Hey, I hear you are in Congress.” Not funny, when hackers could delete my e-mail from the retired New Jersey congressman. Back to Mr. Meier he apparently has a son Jim who intends to continue the family tradition of scavenging off of my lost empire. Just today, I called his attorney’s law firm and the receptionist would not even give a first name. Maybe she will provide one to a police officer or sheriff deputy on Monday morning. Enough is enough! I’m supposed to believe a lawyer with functional voice mail, e-mail, and a web page has retired and given up his license? Moe Howard’s line in The Three Stooges was: “Do you think I was born yesterday?” Further, I wonder if Howard wrote some of those in his spare time. After the horror of the JFK assassination had worn off, my late dad started coming home early (4:30) instead of 10 or 11 to watch those comedy shorts with me in 1964. Why did he have the same typewrite as LBJ? Why do I have the same computer as Bill Clinton? And, the one I’m typing on supposedly killed Osama bin Laden. (The computer trivia was discovered after they were planted with me, much like Ronald Reagan’s typewriter). You are welcome to see the White House photo and look at this laptop if American Airlines is still flying to St. Louis. I’ve got your Metrolink fare; that’s all.

As I have told many since at least 2007, a legal case or news story should end the “Spy Agency Horror Show” for me if not others because if you want the story, this old Walter Pincus fan would like to allege the Central Intelligence Agency is nothing but a terrorist organization that does not even operate under color of law, because if you research this, there is no lawful way to put a leash on these murderers. (I’ve not reviewed my fresh copy of the National Security Act with the 2010 amendments, but I doubt they changed much].

In closing, although I declined to attend the University of Missouri Journalism School, here is an example of part fact, part fiction about my dad Howard from David Conover’s Famous Cousins. (I even found college classmate Linda Conover, but it didn’t help). The italics indicate a falsehood, the bold type truth, and I’ve underlined a few uncertainties you’d do well to research.   

Throughout the 1950s, as the power of three entities grew -- the Hughes empire, organized crime, and the new Central Intelligence Agency -- it became all but impossible to distinguish between them. By the end of the decade, Hughes' chief of staff, Robert Maheu, had orchestrated the CIA's dirtiest secret -- plots to assassinate Cuban leader Fidel Castro with the help of two heads of organized crime. Vice President Richard Nixon was the White House action officer in the clandestine attempts to oust Castro. Zapata Off-Shore, the oil company owned by future CIA director and U.S. president George Bush after he split it off from Zapata Oil partner Hugh Liedtke in 1954, had a drilling rig on the Cay Sal Bank in 1958. These islands had been leased to Nixon supporter and CIA contractor Howard Hughes the previous year and were later used as a base for CIA raids on Cuba. Nixon lost the 1960 presidential election to John F. Kennedy largely because of a scandal over a never repaid $205,000 "loan" Nixon's brother received from Hughes. As attorney general, Robert Kennedy secretly investigated the Hughes-Nixon dealings.

*I cannot provide a better polygraph-ready assertion than to tell you that Robert F. Kennedy was in my house for the only party the parents hosted there (01/1966), and this would indicate he found nothing to implicate Charles or Howard in any criminal activity. As Linda Ellerbe used to say, “And so it goes” with me as I fully expect some relatives and Russians to do some prison time over my lack of even one diploma or photo album remaining in my possession, and I do not believe this was some sinister application of FISA.

**This just in! I always wondered why my late dad grew the only beard of his life in 1972. We relentlessly make fun of it until he shaved it off. How about this from the January 10, 1972 Chicago Tribune! “During interview on Friday, [Howard ] Hughes Jr. said:
 "I have worn a beard for. . . Well, good Lord, I have been wearing a beard for a long time before it became a fad.” 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment