Thursday, June 29, 2017

Holiday Time in Hell

Merry Christmas, Jean!



11.07.2016


Dear Mr. Burns:

Like a movie in need of a happy ending, I came across your name searching the internet for mine. Yes, it seems most all of us Hughes folk are from Wales, most of my 2009-2013 wacky California acquaintances seemed to think I am surely related to Howard the Aviator, and by implication the Howard Robard Hughes Sr. oil money. If they were correct, this pays no bills today, or tomorrow, unless I get safely out of Saint Louis, Missouri.

Why am I here? Finding myself “stuck” in downtown Los Angeles after retrieving some property in Ventura County, California I was approached by a Swiss woman who offered to pay my train fare. I kept up with her via Facebook for a time, but what is significant here is an embarrassing request for additional cash as I feared I’d be ignored by unsympathetic family and financially successful “friends.” I was correct, and Jean’s money went to a taxi before I found myself sleeping on bus benches in my home town!

Can you stop and fathom that? Lucky I was to visit Jean’s home called Bern in Switzerland during my version of what young people are calling a “gap year.” In 1977, this was alleged to be “goofing off” or worse. Yes, I dared go without wages for four post Political Science degree months, and stood accused of smuggling hashish! As I now joke, “Must be my last name.” Today, my one-half the USA poverty level pension income is not working out, however, given I spent many years as a mental health worker and state bureaucrat, perhaps it would be plenty as your new volunteer if someone is willing to house me.

I have produced two heavily-researched book manuscripts, yet “almost” landing a publishing contract pays no rent. Regarding my ten screenplays, I discovered through brutality and inhuman behavior directed at me, the writer is never to say “Not enough money” to a mighty Hollywood producer. Mine is an unbelievable story that would certainly find an audience at any pub in Wales, but never here. The neglect of my claim to talented English DNA has been ignored here out of either criminality, ignorance, or an elegant sociopathic combination of the two.

Please consider me as a volunteer, and it would be fantastic to recover my vita from a former employer without a court order. It’s that bad over here when it comes to the name “Hughes.” This is why my maternal uncles confused me as a child by saying, “You can always see a judge and change your name.” I refused to do that in Hollywood, so therefore, I think it’s time to visit Wales and maybe stay awhile.


Thanks,


William Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment