Saturday, September 23, 2017

Big Brew Ha Ha



09.23.2017

Dear Mr. Windham Hill:

Nobody has problems like mine. That said, I just read Oliver Hartwich’s introduction to your housing affordability report. It immediately made me wonder why an UMSL professor put me off on a tour of my old neighborhood. Likewise, a SLU professor talked for an hour on the phone but would not drop by. Why not? The neighborhood was flooded with drugs, and when sister says she will sell the house for cash, she means $26,000 worth of currency in a bag to buy more meth, hence her nickname is now “Meth Beth.” As the Amren guy said, “That’s a cheap house.”

No wonder you reside in Belleville, where I once drove a stoned and happy family over to see my step-uncles. When they smelled the now increasingly legal marijuana on my step-sisters, I said, “Why don’t you call the Belleville cops?” This was in 1973, and now one is a co-owner of Lordo’s Diamonds, whereas I sit in a crappy motel because half of Los Angeles correctly ascertained I’m related to Howard Hughes.

Not to be insulting, but I studied economics too, and I’ve never seen a more circular argument in my life! If you expand the housing stock (Think no further than St. Charles County, MO) then you have to buy my gasoline, and it surely does cause pollution, carbon emissions, and yes Virginia, “Climate Change” results, but thank God this is slow, like the march to my capital.

The other extreme would be a rent controlled apartment in New York City that can’t be leased even if you are related to Yoko Ono! If you should pull off that miracle, public transit will take you to shuffle stocks issued by high-tech companies that do nothing meaningful for society. After work, why not work out at a gym to look “perfect,” like a big-assed neo-Nazi?

I should have been a banker, because mortgages can be structured many ways, I am sure you know. The 2008 financial crisis ended many dreams, not mine. What I know because I saw it was the Glendale, CA apartment I almost rented for $1,600 per month was $925 after the bubble burst. Hey, that was my rent in New Hampshire where I did not write a book about the Presidential Primary Hillary Clinton won. Later, Obama screwed her with what is called a “Super-Delegate.” Later still, she was Secretary of State and screwed him.

All replies are welcome, must be in English, and hopefully make sense.

Thanks,


Bill Hughes
[I’m smart too, because I attended Lindenwood, University of Wisconsin-Madison, University of Missouri-St. Louis, and SLU! Can’t recommend former, or the latter].

No comments:

Post a Comment