Sunday, February 5, 2017

Dear Steve

 
February 6, 2017 
 
Dear Stephen -
 
State Rep. Stephen Webber elected to lead Missouri Democratic Party
I see from this Columbia Tribune article you were one of the casualties last November. Back in the stagflation 1970’s, I was foolish enough to lend people my car; many fared better than I, and at least one of them ended up on SNL. I was down in Columbia, MO back then to work for a rock band, and they were on ABC. When it was time to “party,” I got some sleep.
 
One of my many slogans is: “Truth…you all hate it.” So, since the committee is apparently staffed with some younger people, which I tentatively see as good, please secretly go to a search engine if you do not know who some of the politicians who I have been near, met, and actually talked to! Here is a partial list:
 
WARREN HEARNES
OTTO KERNER
AL CERVANTES
JOHN POELKER
ROBERT YOUNG
ROGER WILSON
BOB KASTENMEIER
BILL PROXMEIER
EUGENE MCCARTHY
GEORGE MCGOVERN
CAROLINE KENNEDY
RICHARD M. NIXON
GEORGE W. BUSH
JOHN KERRY
JOHN EDWARDS
WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY
JOHN ANDERSON
BILL GARDNER
PETER UBEROFF
ERIC GARCETTI
 
Unlike when I’m surrounded by thugs in California, I’d like to keep discussion of Howard Hughes, Jr. to a minimum. However, it is a fact that a Catholic nun in 1967 Bellefontaine Neighbors put a national news magazine on my desk and said, “Billionaire Howard Hughes is running for president.” The article was about “Hughes for President” committees that had sprung up. I was the kid who said, “You can’t buy the office.” Today, I await a bumper-sticker critical of a court case that said you indeed can.
 
Did you read the ridiculous Citizens United case? I scanned it. As part of the public speaking fees I’m not collecting yet, I could describe my research into this. Film archives could save a lot of time for me. How? How about:
 
A film clip of Harold Hughes talking.
A film clip of Howard Hughes talking.
A film clip of Charles Hughes talking.
 
What any reasonable viewer would conclude is that that these three gentlemen are related. Which one is my dad?
 
That is a good question we could discuss before I go obtain the records that would tell me what every sane family already knows, namely:
 
Where was grandpa from?
Where was grandma from?
 
The documents are $13 each over at DSS. Perhaps you could help explain why it took five years to go get them. I could contribute to this jaunt by explaining why Chis Koster lost, why Jason Kander lost, why Robin Smith lost, and why Bill Otto lost.
 
Here is an excerpt from one of my e-mail messages to Hillary Clinton’s campaign:
 
“Never will I do security work; only for me. My accoster thug was given the scooter, but what I want to know is; what knocked me down? It may have been the same technology that may have knocked Secretary Kerry off his bike, and put Secretary Clinton down for the campaign liability of a head injury. How would I know? I’ve been punched in the jaw once. By contrast, this unseen force was directly to my left eye, with no swelling or mark whatsoever. Want to question this account? Again, get out the polygraph!”
 
Let us now all wonder why Howard Hughes sold RKO to General Tire and shortly thereafter there was a Desilu and Paramount Studios. My legal theory if a goddamn lawyer ever helped would be that I can’t take Star Trek away from Gene Roddenberry’s heirs, but to pervert what St. Louis car dealer Johnny Londoff has long said, “I may own that building and lot.” I’m sure Paramount and I could work something out in court. It would be fit for a California trial record to note my late dad kept asking “Why don’t you like the show?” when NBC finally aired Gene’s “Wagon Train in space” program.
 
One to beam up,
 
 
Bill Hughes    


No comments:

Post a Comment