Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Slicing NAMI Salami

He was a drunk and a relative who tried to kill himself...but also won a Tony, an Emmy, and an Oscar.
Not Paul, Jason!

02.02.2016


Mr. Walker –

As with many DMH staff, the Windows 7 “search doggie” can’t seem to find my public speaking proposal to Joyce Johnston, but I know I sent it. For example, JIM JACKSON has vanished after writing me a form letter telling me I’m not Mark Stringer, and not on Nixon’s cabinet. Fair enough, but the “science fiction” has continued where no man or woman wants me in Jeff City.

I would have liked to explore the possibility of a Deputy Director slot, Program Manager, or if all else had failed, I’m a Forensic Case Manager in the Dome Building across the hall from my old office because someone did tell me Dick, Ron, and Dee all retired. Is Marlene still the secretary? I got along with her when no one else did.

Now, the ongoing absurdity finds two local professors you will hear on the radio discussing Super Tuesday willing to come see my “crack house” after the semester is over. Also, a wealthy guy just signed off by saying, “Call me back in a few days, Howard.” Yes, St. Patrick’s Center’s Dan Buck has apparently fled to the District of Columbia, and the BJC Kirkwood office receptionist suggested we put Donald Trump in a new version of Malcolm Bliss.

I’ll count my cocaine profits and call you later. By the way, my old supervisor is still there, and I’m about to threaten to tell the story of an Alcohol & Drug provider that demanded sex from the female clients. Mr. Nice Guy Bill Hughes as the Mental Health Coordinator said, “Knock it off, or I’m calling in the cops.” They did, and still receive state funding I can look up on the damn Internet.

Facetiously and Very Seriously Yours,


William Hughes, MSW

No comments:

Post a Comment