Sunday, March 12, 2017

My Invisible Blog

First with the tunnel?
First with a baggage carousel?
George Jetson architecture?
Obsessed with being on time?
They knew my name?
Why?

 
March 12, 2017


Jackie –

Yes, it has been a long time since I came to your Housing Committee meeting after work with a migraine headache and a girlfriend whose dad was a Colonel in the U.S. Air Force. Since that time, I’ve returned to this area in “disgrace” after bad experiences in California and two offers to meet and seal a movie deal.

I can’t get back to LA.
I can’t even get to Jeff City.
I unbelievably can’t get to Maryland Heights for a year plus to pull a $6 police report.

Meanwhile, Dar Walker is not on my Christmas list after being told some highly personal information about certain of my family members, and his idea of help is to accept a phone call and want to talk later due to a meeting with “big-shots.” I don’t mind telling you sister is addicted to meth and lost one job I know of, while brother-in-law has been an alcoholic since he told me back in the Mental Health Coordinator days that his 12 pack was for “visitors.”

They were kind enough to rent me a house where visitors banged on the porch, doors, air conditioner and walls all night looking for meth in addition to shooting assault rifles nearby to convey a “message” that was received and thus I became “stuck” in yet another motel.

For three years, I thought I could maybe get back on with DMH.

For two years I thought I could do a presentation on the West Coast behavioral health disaster.

For a year I’ve wanted to do a “cop training” using my close scrapes with guns and the mentally disordered as illustrations. I don’t suppose you remember the Manchester case that outraged even us troglodytes at Central Office. Six cops shot the guy in mom’s garage because he had a sword. If I had ten less years on me, I’d get in the cop gym and show them how to take away the sword with no bullets required.

Gosh, I hope my Internet keeps working,


Bill Hughes, SLU MSW

No comments:

Post a Comment