Sunday, July 9, 2017

Contact Jen at (314) 544-5550: He Had Your Number

Big fire in Santa Barbara County, I hear.



10.03.2016


Jennifer –


I may need your help. Here is your free story. (The Hollywood screenwriter is always paid for his or hers). After I had been tormented and tortured in the State of California, I found myself back at HARTFORD COFFEE, which is where I typically parked my Nissan 240SX. This time, I had figured out where to bail off the bus to return from LA--not very gloriously BANG==GRAY VAN==DEMONIC PUNK…adjourned at 3:09 p.m.


10.04.2016

Let’s try this again, now that I’ve promised to meet up with a Clinton campaign volunteer and send Jill Stein a crumpled dollar. At Hartford Coffee, the first time I ordered, having been “slimed” by LA, a guy behind the counter said, “We believe in you” when they supposedly do not know my name. There was a table full of ads for liberal events and a depository of business cards. One was for a PR firm. I called them and met one of their staff at my other not a chain store coffee depot, Kaldi’s Coffee. Lindsay was her name, and the meeting was not long, because she wanted a $3,000 retainer. It is an astounding two years, eleven months later.

The latest not a celebrity person to call me back was a Boeing executive who is in the business of trying to sell U.S,-made warplanes to Canada. Why did we chat? Why did they give me his e-mail address, and that of his supervisor? (“Nuts” are not accommodated by big corporations in this manner). Much like Howard Hughes, I’m basically opposed to these war machines, but I sure do like watching the little digital camera that makes for an experience like you have the stick and are flying the thing (If they still have manual controls). Do you get your kicks watching an Airbus 340 captain shut down an engine and not say much to the passengers? Additionally, the First Officer was cute, and those German accents when speaking some English is a real “turn on.” (If you’ve liked sonic booms since they were made illegal).

Not related? It does not matter if I ever locate the “boom girl” from The Aviator who in the flesh said to me: “We’re below the line and trying to help.” In 2010 Thousand Oaks? This is why an Algerian coffee addict switched from French to English and yelled, “What’s taking so long?” at Starbucks. It remains a fertile question.

Thanks,


William C. Hughes


No comments:

Post a Comment