Thursday, July 13, 2017

Who the Hell is That?

Why not send a Chinese spy to remind me? 
 
08.15.2016


Dear Ms. Schultze –

I do not have “Senior Moments,” but I do have what I call a “Microsoft Moment,” such as when the Windows 7 search box fails to find a public speaking proposal for NAMI. I came across your agency through a radio commercial and decided to write when I noted my old employer BJC Behavioral Health had vacated the premises in Kirkwood. I believe I was the one in a clinical meeting who said, “How can they afford the rent down there?” as I got much correct in my public sector to private sector and back to DMH career.

Two things I was good at from about 1990 onward were public speaking and a 1000% batting average on predicting dangerousness under Chapter 632 of your largely abandoned mental health statutes. This is why I am sure Tenet would never be able to locate the tape of my presentation there, and Behavioral Health Response might deny making the tape, because as with my many psychiatric journal publications, I recall signing a document that possibly I should have brought to my favorite Assistant AG, Jeannie Floh.

United Behavioral Health barricaded the door for years, but once we breached a managed behavioral health company with our procedures for civil commitment, they had lots of bagels and three flavors of cream cheese as I recall, but no camera running. Without the video, and with my Vita held hostage due to adventures in California, you will just have to believe me when I say many ugly newsworthy events are preventable.

Yes, I am baffled by the behavior of police and mental health authorities nationwide. When I investigated, the situation on what I called a “Gun Case” was typically that firearms were loaded and on the other side of the door I knocked upon as a Mental Health Coordinator. This type of case motivated me to call for police backup, and several times they said, “We’re not going out there” which means they knew my clientele. I still knocked on the door, but always with a plan to depart quickly. I’d be happy to share these Rapid Crisis Intervention skills and what I know of the present system if you’d like a free guest speaker.

Thanks,


William Hughes, MSW

No comments:

Post a Comment