Thursday, August 10, 2017

It's a Fact

From the early Facebook collection labeled "Arab Lady."
 
06-23-2016


Dar –

How about 4 facts and another true story? The story involves my late dad’s former Internist. I’d been meaning to try and contact one of his very large family Catholic family members. Just today, after we spoke, I was excited when I proved to my satisfaction he has a son who is a Gastroenterologist in Maine. I want to talk golf scores, not {HIPAA HIPAA} liver enzyme numbers, and got stonewalled by a nurse. As I so often say, “Can the doctor tell me he does not want to talk, not you?”

What’s the problem? The doctor’s dad started seeing my dad at Scott Air Force Base before he had a very successful practice at DePaul. Air Force Doctor? Gosh, by golly, my ex-girlfriend’s dad was also a doctor and USAF Colonel. Airplanes… Hughes …Air Force…and I must have hallucinated Dr. Stahl’s story about riding a jump seat with the King of Jordan. I said, “I read he flew his own plane. Was he good at it?” The Colonel said, “Oh yes, the King was a very good pilot.” Am I writing in Greek? No! My tales are all true & verifiable.

FACT: NAMI Director Alan Walker and I traveled to Jeff city to lobby. Today, no one would take me there if I had a roll of 100 dollar bills.

FACT: When NAMI Director Marge Parish died, I wrote a nice piece about her in California. Later, the Sheriff of Ventura County stole it, but not before warning me they’d likely take it. An additional fact is that it was stored on a Hannah Montana CD-R. When the actress who played Hannah came next to me as an over 18 year-old woman, I ran from Starbucks over to McDonalds. Psychoanalyze that!

FACT: When the NAMI Director boards the TWA jet late, they wait. What was Stevenson’s first name? It’s driving me “nuts.” Over Kentucky, on the way to the NAMI National convention, the flight crew did something I cannot disclose. (Find somebody to get me out of this wretched motel and I’ll be happy to tell them). On the way back, when a source told me a NAMI member was angry about being left behind, regarding airfare I said, “She’s got money.”

FACT: During yet another DMH hullaballoo, NAMI Director Jackie Lutkitch leaned back in her chair at your old location in Kirkwood and said, “You want my job?” I said, “No, I like working for the state.” No “do-overs” Dar. (I think she was joking, yet I sure did my time on the Housing Committee back when my rent was $750 in Clayton). Housing? I won’t have any, unless I get out of this hotel. Almost two years ago a carpenter who may have built a set or two said to me of Hollywood drama, “The worst that could happen is you’d be sleeping in the truck.” Not if it never leaves the Watson Road used car lot for lack of a temporary tag.

Bill
 

No comments:

Post a Comment