Sunday, August 20, 2017

vc.org



>>Please Print and Share Widely<<

Sgt. Lopes –

I called him “Darrel, the Great Darrel” and why bother to ask for a last name when he often said, “I’ll see your out there” from the window of his dented black pickup truck? On one occasion, Darrel was in the Janss & Moorpark McDonald’s and approached my table. He simply said, “Looks like you’ve got some work to do.” The “Other Darrel” we can speculate on endlessly. Was he the South Dakota cop, or a Secret  Service guy retired early because of a bad heart? (I was shown his old police I.D.) When that Darrel dropped two cheeseburgers on my table and then a “drop dead” good looking female walked by without ordering a McChicken, even I “Get it.” The whole restaurant stopped talking and looked at her. Too “sexist?” All true stories!

I don’t know what ongoing abuse of the English language is all about, but I do know I played the song 1984 by the California 1960’s band Spirit on my Ford Focus CD player before a likely coke queen wrecked it. DANA was seen at St. Mary’s Hospital in Richmond Heights, Missouri. I thought she was a handsome pharmacy rep. When DANA  wrecked my car intentionally in Agoura Hills, California she was thinner and quite agitated. Her vehicle drove away, mine did not. Later, DANA would be seen sitting in front of the Goebel with a wider butt poured into blue jeans. I rhetorically out loud said, “What am I supposed to do?”

As a jazz band finished up their practice, three guys came out of the Goebel. One said, “Man, we sure did some bad stuff in our youth; and, we got away with it!”

Arrests, please. DANA married her passenger Frank and lives in Moorpark. No secret databases. It’s called “The White Pages.” 

The names disappeared! Oh my God! Must be JPL or DARPA!!


William C. Hughes, MSW  

###

No comments:

Post a Comment