Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Jon ~ Janis ~ Jan ~ Jackass

How about a reservation at the Forestry Dept. Homeless Shelter? So mafia!

04-11-2017


Mr. Curry Favor –

How many true stories do I have to relate before someone allows me to speak at a public or closed meeting regarding the troubled Metrolink system? When I heard Charlie Brennan’s interview with John Nations on KMOX yesterday, I called the radio station and was given his producer’s name. I also called “Dolly” at the County Executive’s office and was given your name.

Today, I spoke with Sarah about what Mr. Brennan had said, According to Charlie; the County Executive has called a meeting about the transit system and not invited Mr. Nations. In my vast bureaucratic experience this could lead to Mr. Nations being fired and he sounded audibly nervous about the troubles.

I wondered aloud to Sarah about whether Mr. Brennan wasn’t just “running his mouth,” because I am indeed a native of this community and it was a neighborhood expression to say, “We’re having a meeting, and you are not invited.” Charlie boasted of beating a traffic ticket in Moline Acres, whereas I used one of their real early 1970’s cops to create a 2002 screenplay character. When I returned from showing the script to a person formerly in the movie business, I was issued a ticket by one of your female police officers who did not see the alleged infraction. That went to a traffic law clinic, because you are not raising my insurance rates with that garbage.

Exasperated about years of mystery regarding where my motor vehicles landed—not on the backside of Mars—I told Sarah the following:

1.    I was on a bus when the driver fell asleep and nearly had a head-on collision with a dump truck. After “nodding off,” he yanked our bus to the right and the near miss could have been measured in inches. What would have happened to me in the front of the bus? I’d be dead. (And, there were additional reportable incidents on the same crazed #40 route ride).
2.    I boarded a #73 bus and smelled a very strong scent of marijuana on an African-American bus driver.
3.    Recently, I had the misfortune of seeing this same driver piloting the #21 bus without the “reefer stench,” and he was rude to me. We can speculate in a private meeting about why his attitude is in need of an adjustment. Do you people run drug screens on these drivers? I’d like some answers, please. Mr. Nations has not been fired? He ought to be.
4.    This item will not be ignored or I will ask a cop to handcuff me to Sam Dotson’s office door until something is done about rampant drug trafficking in this town. In case you do not know, as I told Sarah, illegal drugs are openly offered at your transit centers. While I jokingly call 14th & Spruce “The Kit Bond Train Station,” this is not funny. After being offered drugs many times in slang I don’t understand and directing marijuana smokers to nearby stores with rolling papers, a young man clarified matters by asking “Do you want any cocaine?” within earshot of a transit guard.
5.    I further mentioned to Sarah I have dozens of additional accurate reports that Civic Pride and MAC members don’t want to hear. You’d better listen to me, because I spent a career assessing dangerousness for mental health agencies. Therefore, you might want to discuss your hotheaded bus drivers who boast of their guns on the job. Take it from a firearm hater; if you have a mass shooting, it’s going to be the driver, not a bum on the bus. We need to talk—soon.

Guess what? I might need something in return, like a stipend, a paycheck, a per diem, or a lift to a movie producer’s office in LA who has been waiting three years. Please don’t join the ranks of young neo-fascists who would jog under my window and ask, “Got any money?” I may well ask you “Got a printer?” because I am not paying one penny to reproduce my two letters sent to Bi State which received absolutely no response, and those were serious allegations. Could we add somebody shooting an AR-15 at my #8 bus stop? Didn’t I mention we need to talk?


Thanks,



William C. Hughes   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment