Sunday, January 1, 2017

Ducks on a Pond

This Hughes spent way too much time in that library
Who else was there?
TOP SECRET

01.01.2017


Dear Ms. Fiegel:

It seems to me I invited two local university professors to tour my drug-swamped neighborhood in the City of St. Louis. I recall some condescending replies that are still in my aol.com Inbox. They were received as South Side yahoos shot off what I believe to be stolen guns that are so large they sound like the final rounds fired at a fireworks display. I also recall one of the professors on my phone talking politics. Later, a corrupt circuit court judge stood ready to toss my life’s work as a writer to the street--AGAIN.

Corrupt? This region and state define the word. This is why Lacy Clay has to be defeated by a reluctant Democrat with my name. As I write this on New Year’s Eve, I can tell you, one GUNSHOT in Shrewsbury, Marlboro, or the east end of Webster Groves, and your lazy cops are going to hear about it.

New to St. Louis? When I was a mental health official in this area, every “strip mall” going west on Watson Road had businesses that were all OPEN. Today, I see an accursed Wal Mart and vacant storefronts everywhere. When I discovered a “short cut” by a radio tower that used to provide FREE entertainment, I saw this area less; however, I continue to wonder: What is the magic solution for Crestwood Mall?

I also continue to wonder what Donald Trump heard when God said it was time to report for a “brain.” Did you say River Roads Mall? My late pal and I used to marvel at the difference between a hot, humid St. Louis summer day and the temperature in what was billed as the first enclosed shopping mall in your about to fall apart country. As much as I’d like to be in the blue secession tent already pitched out in California with a movie deal in my back pocket, I could be convinced to stay and whip Clay’s butt badly.

Do we all have a good grasp on the power of today’s Nation-State? Study political ideology and philosophy your entire life? If I had been Governor Nixon during the Ferguson mess, I would have sectioned-off the North County area and directed this: “Let it burn.” Meanwhile, down in South St. Louis, throughout my old “hood” ATFE would have been in their nifty tank-like vehicles kicking down door after door, arresting “Gun Nuts” and taking away their precious assault rifles and stuff likely stolen from the Melvin Price armory when I was in high school.

Firing assault rifles at my bus stop? I got off the #8 bus and said “Fuck you!” to carloads of thugs. Thanks to congressional testimony from 1989 with the “other” William Hughes asking questions, I now know what they were shooting. I await a day when I can have a discussion in your county that is now losing population in favor of the next racist real estate deal in Saint Charles County. Why does the light rail system not go there? They don’t like “niggers” out there, do they?

My admittedly hasty analysis of your population migration finds both that sedans full of people who are not white, when added to the 2008 “bailouts” and Obamanomics was sufficient to trigger a new wave of exodus, not from the city, but from Saint Louis County. Where are they going? Though not able to travel while locked down in Stalag Wayside, I saw the start of this with large office buildings erected in the Chesterfield flood plain. Therefore, it is plain to me that the new Blues hockey fan lives in Wentzville and has a grueling eastward commute in a vehicle by him or herself to a beautiful office park landscaped by Latinos in the far reaches of West County.

Thus the taxman is happy in St. Charles County, and not so much these days in Clayton. Where does our “Great White Hope” who received an on-line MBA from Maryville College reside? That would be in neighborhoods I’d refer to on the stump as “Little Summerlins” where there is a private guard, a duck in the pond, and not one cent flowing through my First Congressional District. As my old boss at Cornell University said, “This is not okay.”

Good day,



William Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment