Thursday, February 24, 2011

Devils/Angels

Hey corporate rock music fans! As I listen to my favorite classical station in Cleveland, here's more Hughes trivia, and as a bonus, it is of recent vintage, plus I am not dead. What did the Iranian guy say at UPS? "Mister Hughes! You're still alive!" Do Tehran cab drivers overcharge? Wear turbans? No, they wear NY Yankee baseball caps, I'd imagine, so the guys in NYC can look like "terrorists" and give incompetent .gov people something to do. Do you sit around and wonder what to do with the f---ing State Department? No, you don't, nor do their rejects come in and gawk at you when you mumble stuff about how: a) Unlike the CIA, I'd be stuck with them; and b) I am willing to entertain the possibility they occasionally do something good. (But not very often).

The guy above was on a digital camera somebody showed me, and it looked like he was in a coffee place, but kind of run-down--not Starbucks. I said, "I like their album with the fire hydrant on front. I can't remember the title." Take heart, fans of "Roswell Tech," because one of my many sayings is, "The Cuckoo Dish giveth, and the cuckoo dish taketh away." The album is titled Signals, I realized later, kind of like, "That is her in the big Mercedes, that is her in the actor's dorm, and those two guys planted in front of a TV watching brand new at the time MTV were the [INTERNET CONNECTION TERMINATED, maybe until an anguished President Hughes asks the Pentagon's inner ring, "Why did you let regular people on your little e-mail system? Good God, why did you do it?"]

No comments:

Post a Comment