Saturday, July 30, 2011

Econ 905


"We're not a Triple-A [bond] country."
- David Stockman

May I bring down the rocks and bottles of USA's silent and invisible counterrevolution by disagreeing with former ReaganPod David Stockman once more? We did this often in 1981-82, as Mr. Hinckley hung around the Memorial Union, and I recall complaining bitterly to 441 Arnold bugs about David's budget ax. I may have said the Pentagon's budget should have been zero instead of the Stafford Loan and Pell grant programs. Odd how things have progressed.


U.S. Navy - Tied-up in Hawaii.
U.S. Air Force - Grounded.
U.S. Army - Gone.
U.S. Marines - Taking bad guys to Gitmo.


And, don't you love (or not) the possibility of me (hair, no ponytail), arms folded like Mr. Clean saying, "Gentlemen, tell me about all of your military drug dealing, illegal spying, and killing of U.S. persons. I've got all day."

No comments:

Post a Comment