Saturday, August 20, 2011

Real Life Teleplay I

In the Court of Bruce & William, "Guilty as Hell." Hillary! Get them back to their mommas.


“Although China is a big country, due to many years of internal strife the Chinese lack the power to unite as a state, and are thus utterly incapable of competing with the forces of the white race. In the Far East, the Japanese Empire alone has been able to deter the Western invasion in the East…In addition the Americans have…adopted imperialism and are gradually extending their power into the Pacific…The whites shout about the yellow peril and we are angry about the white peril.”
-         Sugiura Shigetake


INT. COMPUTER LAB - NIGHT
Patrons continue to arrive. Hughes stands outside the Lab door like the Secret Service Agent he's not. Jill attempts to restore Internet service.


HUGHES
The Internet is down. The Wi-Fi is down. The printer does not work.

FRANK 3.0 works at a keyboard diagnosing the problem as Jill toils among dangling cables.


A CHINESE GIRL arrives.


HUGHES
You're here a lot. What's your name?


Silence


She inserts an external drive into Dell 755 #6.


HUGHES
That'll work. You can play cards. You can word process.


FRANK 3.0
Shut up!


HUGHES
Look, I volunteer here. I can talk if I want.


FRANK 3.0
Shut up! You're bothering everyone!


HUGHES
No, I'm not. I'm running for president, and you will not come in here and talk like that. I'll call the cops, and the Secret Service will find you and put your ass in jail.

FRANK 3.0
Shut up! You're bothering her.

Hughes turns to Jill.

HUGHES
Jill, am I bothering you?

JILL
William, I'm trying to fix this thing.

HUGHES
By the way, when you said regarding the president thing, that I might win, were you serious?

JILL
Yeah.


FRANK 3.0
You're bothering everyone! Can't you stop talking?


HUGHES
Did you hear her?


FRANK
It's a long shot.


HUGHES
I know that. What's your last name?


Deafening SILENCE


We now go to WGBH in Boston, where the EBS tone may be sounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment