Saturday, August 20, 2011

Real Life Teleplay II



The TIME WARNER MAN hovers.
Jill opens the cabinet.


HUGHES
Listen you two, this e-mail is to the Department of Justice. If you won't let me send it, you're breaking a law.


Jill stares down at her shoes.


HUGHES
Four thirty?


Time Warner Man turns beet red.


JILL
Okay.

One minute later, Hughes clicks "Send."


HUGHES
There. I'm outta here.


Jill exits the Lab.


JILL
(shouting)
I've got the cart!

As Hughes departs, a final "zinger."


HUGHES
Who took Mike's sunglasses? That really pisses me off.


Notes
What cart is she talking about?
Ralph was not my uncle.
My great-uncle was not a United States Supreme Court Chief Justice.
Howard who?
Ready "T.O.?" Two female Secret Service Agents. One under each armpit. They start carrying me away. I ask, "Where are we going?" The answer? "Wherever you want, when you get some of your own damn money!"

No comments:

Post a Comment